- Visit colonial buildings and the most beautiful pagoda of Myanmar in Yangon, former capital of Myanmar.
- Visit the ancient city Bagan where there are thousands of pagodas and temples over green plain.
- Learn about Buddhism in Mandalay, known as the hub of Buddhism in Myanmar.
- Experience daily life of local people by a boat trip in Inle Lake.
- Wander around the UNESCO Heritage Site of Luang Prabang & surroundings
- Age range
- Under 87 year olds
- 3 / 4 / 5
The Best of Laos and Myanmar is our most compact program offering you the experience of both mystical countries’ most historic sites and culture. During the eleven days of travel from Myanmar to Laos, you will explore the Citadel of Mandalay, the World Heritage site of Bagan and the elegance of the Yangon capital in Myanmar before discovering the administrative capital Vientiane and the cultural capital Luang Prabang of Laos.…
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 1,377 x 6||-||-||-||$ 8,262||Book It|
|$ 1,615 x 6||-||-||-||$ 9,690||Book It|
|$ 1,973 x 6||-||-||-||$ 11,838||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Mandalay Arrival
Upon arrival in Mandalay, our driver & tour guide are awaiting to pick you up to transfer to your hotel. Rest of the time is at leisure.
Your highlight is the welcome dinner in a fine restaurant.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Meals: Welcome dinner
Day 2: Mandalay sightseeing
After breakfast, visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery - noted for its exquisite wood carvings, gold leaf beating workshop, Kuthodaw Pagoda - known as the world biggest book. Next, head to Sagaing, discover the monk education, visit Budda cave, Uminthonze pagoda and Sunooponnyashin pagoda. Behold the panoramic view of Mandalay.
We then cross the river by ferry to Inwa (Ava), situated on the banks of the Irrawaddy River. Once a royal capital, Inwa is now a quiet rural oasis. Enjoy a horse cart ride around the peaceful countryside, visiting Bagaya Kyaung, a beautiful teak wood monastery, Maha Aungmyay Bonzan Kyaung, and Nan Myint tower.
End of the day, walk over Ubein Wooden Bridge, the longest teakwood of its type to Mahamuni Image – a bronze Buddha image castled during the lifetime of Buddha himself. Enjoy great sunset view here.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 3: Mandalay – Bagan – Sightseeing
After breakfast at hotel, you travel to Bagan by car. The drive takes around 4.5 hours through highway.
In the afternoon, visit one of the biggest temples in Bagan: Nan Paya Pagoda and many other interesting sites nearby The highlight of today is the panoramic sunset view over Bagan plain.
Accommodations: Hotel in Bagan
Day 4: Bagan Discovery.
Start your tour with a trip to the bustling Nyang U Market in Old Bagan then explore the beautiful, gold leaf Shwezigon Pagoda and learn about Burmese Buddhist traditions. We continue our tour with a visit to Ananda Temple, stopping along the way on the Bagan plains to admire some of the surrounding temples.
In the afternoon, take a tour of a local lacquer ware workshop and learn how this traditional piece of art is made.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 5: Bagan – Fly to Inle Lake
Leave Bagan for Heho today. Inle Lake, the second largest lake in Myanmar is located 900 meters above sea level and is home to the Intha people, famous for their one leg rowing technique.
Upon arrival, our tour guide will welcome you and take you to Nyaung Shwe where you board a motorboat for a sightseeing tour to Phaungdawoo Pagoda, famed for its richly gilded five small Buddha images and believed to be the holiest pagoda in Inle Lake. Our next stop is Ngaphechaung Monastery. As you travel closer to Nam Pan Village, have a look at cotton and lotus weaving factories and cigar making houses. These sites will give you a true sense of traditional Intha life.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 6: Inle Lake – Indein – Inle Lake
This morning, visit the “5 Day Market” which is held in different villages surrounding the lake. This is definitely a fascinating place to enjoy the scene of local tribes in their colorful clothes and exotic market atmosphere.
After lunch, the boat will take you to the beautiful temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake. It is relaxing to walk along the corridors and enjoy the giant columns that have been left to the nature for centuries.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 7: Inle Lake – Fly to Yangon – City Tour
Today, take the morning flight to Yangon. Spend the rest of day exploring Yangon and its highlights from Sule Pagoda, in the heart of Yangon city; Chaukhtayi Pagoda then shopping time at the bustling Scott Market (Closes on Monday and some specific holidays). Save the best for last, discover the most outstanding pagoda in Yangon: Shwedagon Pagoda, known as the “Golden Pagoda”, a real must see while you are in Myanmar.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 8: Yangon – Bangkok – Luang Prabang
Stay at leisure and check out your hotel. Our driver will take you to the airport for the flights to Luang Prabang (transit at Bangkok)
Upon arrival, your guide will greet you and escort you to the hotel. After checking in, take some time getting oriented with your hotel and enjoy the evening taking in new sights and sounds at the night market.
Accommodation:Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 9: Luang Prabang – Kuang Si Waterfalls – Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang is known for its numerous Buddhist temples and monasteries. Witness the morning ritual by hundreds of monks from the various monasteries as they walk through the streets collecting alms.
After partaking in an alms ritual, we drive to Kuang Si Waterfalls for a morning of fun and relaxation. We arrive back to town in time for lunch and spend the afternoon discovering the town. We visit magnificent Wat Xiengthong - representative of classic Laotian architecture, before seeing the impressive temple of Wat Mai. The remainder of the day is spent at your leisure, relaxing in one of the city’s many quirky cafés or strolling along the beautiful riverbank.
Accommodation: Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 10: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Cave.
Begin the day with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, then take a morning cruise along the Mekong River, about two hours upstream from the centre of Luang Prabang, and discover the numerous Buddha images at Pak Ou Caves. Pak Ou (mouth of the Ou river), the Tham Ting (lower cave) and the Tham Theung (upper cave) are caves overlooking the founder name Mekong River. They are a group of caves on the right side of the Mekong River. It is then only a short distance from the caves to the village of Ban Xang Hai. We’ll stop here to learn about LauLao (Lao whisky) and LauHai (Lao wine), before continuing down the Mekong to Luang Prabang.
Later of this day, climb up to Phousi hill to see sunset view.
Accommodation: Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 11: Departure.
After breakfast in the hotel, our driver will transfer you to the airport for departure.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Daily breakfast at hotels
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private transportation with A/C
Bagan - Inle Lake by Yangon Airways
Inle Lake - Yangon by Yangon Airways
Yangon - Bangkok - Luang Prabang by Bangkok Airways
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• 4 Regional & Domestic flights: Bagan – Heho, Heho – Yangon & Yangon – Bangkok – Luang Prabang
• Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
• Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
• Service of English speaking guides in every location
• All entrance fees, performances, boat trips & excursions.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
• International flights
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Personal travel insurance
• Myanmar Visa fees (contact us for further information)
- From Bagan Temples To Angkor Wat Via Mekong Delta - 16 Days 16 days from $1648
- Highlights Of Indochina - 15 Days 15 days from $2004
- Absolute Myanmar, Cambodia & Laos - 19 Days 19 days from $2321
- The Treasures Of Five Countries - 24 Days 24 days from $3067
- Myanmar - Vietnam & Laos - 15 Days 15 days from $1759
- Biking Myanmar - 8 Days 8 days from $991
- Myanmar Culinary Delights - 7 Days 7 days from $911
- Grand Tour Of Myanmar - Cambodia & Vietnam - 22 Days 22 days from $2513
- From Bagan Temples To Halong Bay - 10 Days 10 days from $1168.93
- Grand Myanmar Discovery - 20 Days 20 days from $2156
- From Angkor Wat To Bagan - 11 Days 11 days from $1287
- Savour Myanmar Cuisine - 10 Days 10 days from $1148
- Best Of Myanmar - Thailand & Cambodia - 16 Days 16 days from $1943
- Myanmar Unforgettable Honeymoon Tour - 14 Days 14 days from $2137.17
- The Land of Ruby - 4 Days 4 days from $287
- Kalaw Adventure - 7 Days 7 days from $699
- Glimpse Of Myanmar & Thailand - 12 Days 12 days from $1514
- Journey Through Myanmar & Vietnam - 18 Days 18 days from $2205
- Inle Sightseeing & Village Trek - 4 Days 4 days from $413
- Authentic Thailand and Myanmar - 10 Days 10 days from $1234
- Myanmar & South Vietnam - 13 Days 13 days from $1556
- Paradise Escape On Pila Island - 4 Days 4 days from $1266
- Myanmar Honeymoon - 10 Days 10 days from $1072
- A Paradise Island in Myeik Archipelago - 8 Days 8 days from $2159
- Ngwesaung Beach Break - 4 Days 4 days from $226
- Ngapali Beach Break - 4 Days 4 days from $451
- Luxury Cruise from Mandalay to Yangon - 14 Days 14 days from $1943
- Iconic Burma In Luxurious Style - 14 Days 14 days from $3421
- Paradise Eco Resort On Wa Ale Island - 4 Days 4 days from $1337
- Overland Myanmar Adventure - 16 Days 16 days from $1297.51
- Myanmar Family Vacation - 11 Days 11 days from $1730
- Essential Myanmar - 6 Days 6 days from $765
- Sacred Myanmar - 10 Days 10 days from $1730
- Imperial Myanmar - 8 Days 8 days from $760
- Myanmar Discovery - 14 Days 14 days from $1556
- Treasures Of Myanmar - 9 Days 9 days from $1043
- Best of Myanmar - 10 Days 10 days from $1074
- Captivating Myanmar Journey - 8 Days 8 days from $1043
- Highlights Of Myanmar - 6 Days 6 days from $778
- The Lost City of Mrauk U - 5 Days 5 days from $599
- Yangon Stopover - 3 Days 3 days from $154